About Me

My photo
Birmingham, AL, United States
Working hard on becoming a Craft Superhero, one leap at a time!

Monday, May 16, 2011

a note about see through skirts

I finished the first prototype for a skirt I designed for my new line. It is a see through skirt, black waistband with a blue, green, pink and purple printed vintage fabric which is completely see through. (whooo!)

This skirt is what I envision the skater girl or rollerderby queen would wear to the beach. Appropriate under garments for this item should include a bathing suit (while at the beach or pool, not while shopping), dancewear (great for throwing on after class), or leggings or tights.

Union Britt will in no way endorse the wearing of this item, or any see through item over a thong, panty or egads, nothing at all.

Ladies, I am not one to stifle someone's creative expression through clothing, but there needs to be a line drawn between sexy (good, go for it, yay! be hot!) and skanky (a "Starlet or Streetwalker" sighting on Fashion Police should not be your goal for your 15 minutes of fame.)

Remember, in regards to revealing too much, dressing for attention will not make you precious. Don't you want someone to find you precious? So keep it classy out there ladies! It's okay to have a sexy sexy dress on with high heels, but lets keep it to one super revealing zone at a time. Nothing should have anyone asking you if you work at a strip club, even if you do.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that you are fun, fabulous, creative, and you inspire me all the time! I am so excited to watch your new venture take off! Keep on keepin' on with your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete