About Me

My photo
Birmingham, AL, United States
Working hard on becoming a Craft Superhero, one leap at a time!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

This post is unrelated to all things etsy-sales and craft-career oriented, but it is definitely related to getting the creative crafty juices going!

First of all, my one and a half year old has four meals a day, and his three o'clock meal is Peanut Butter Jelly Time. It even has a song, Yummity Yum! And he eats it with gusto!

Here's the recipe:
(all 365, Whole Foods' House brand)
Birdland's Best Bread, one slice
Organic Peanut Buter on half
Organic Conserve on the other (he likes the Mixed Berry)
Assemble, cut into squares and place over the design on his favorite plate.

Well, He didn't have a plate, he just ate it off the highchair tray. Until my Mommy group had a meetup at the local painting spot, Painted By U, one of those pottery places where you pick a piece and paint it, then they fire it for you.

Ok, I was apprehensive, even a little snobby, about going. I didn't think it was something a "real" crafter would do, it seemed like an instant fix for people who are NOT crafty to get their ya-yas out. What a jerky attitude! I had so much fun and have already booked another session. We sat and chatted about gossip and tv while painting away at our selected pieces. I highly recommend it to any of you out there. It brought my inner Craft Nerd right to the top.

It was a little bit pricey, but you get a permanent keepsake, so I think worth it. And well, I will let the plate speak for itself here...







If you think it's just ok, allright kindof cute, just imagine the first time I showed it to my little guy. He smiled so big and when I covered the face with the sandwich pieces, he never ate it so fast. As soon as he cleared it off, stuffed cheeks and all, he picked up the plate and started kissing the face.

Yeah that's right everybody, Awwwwww! He know's just how to melt his Mommy's heart!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! There's a bring-your-own-adult-beverage night at the Mad Platter here in Cola that I've been to with some of the daycare moms. Good times!

    ReplyDelete