About Me

My photo
Birmingham, AL, United States
Working hard on becoming a Craft Superhero, one leap at a time!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The SuperTaylors!

Costumes Completed and Worn by the Whole Taylor Clan!
I have been pretty laid up lately with what I will call "pregnancy back." A lot of couch time, a lot of hot baths, a lot of diaper changes and meals served on the floor instead of lifting the kid into the highchair. I do it to myself, I know I should be slowing down, but I am very active in my Mommy group. It has come down to one hour of fun equaling two days of being laid up on the couch.

Worth it? Look at this picture of us at Boo at the Zoo and you tell me! I had Daddy do all the heavy lifting, (he even lifted my purse into and out of the stroller) I just pushed (leaned on) the stroller and followed them around. So worth it. Lincoln had so much fun and it was easy to keep track of him!

This was the final result of my backbreaking measly few hours ( oh probably around 8-10)making our Super Taylor Costumes. We decided that we were "Super Baby", "Super Beard", and "Super Pregnant."

My time has been spent mostly relaxing, but I have my bursts: the Super Costumes, about 5 Mommy events a week, (yeah, that is coming to a swift halt!) and I just this weekend for the first time, closed my etsy shop and sent all my stuff to the Albino Skunk Bluegrass Festival to be sold at the merch booth. I did pretty ok, considering the sales were slow all around due to the freezing weather. It is an outside all weekend camping event. I was also relieved that sales were on the slow side since I really let down my promise of Skunks, I was hoping to make around 40, and I only put out ten. (See previous posts about the great Polyfil Search of 2009, Skunks for Skyla, as well as many posts outlining my late pregnancy laziness) As of my last cell convo with my salesbooth helper, I sold about five skunks, nine robots, three stars, and a few postcards. I can certainly live with that, and since I didn't provide that many skunks, I am going ahead and donating 30% across the top from all sales to my fencing friend Skyla.

So, crafting has been slow but steady. I made a sale on etsy this week right before I sent off my stuff for the weekend, and after finishing the costumes, I got around to making beanbags for our Mommy group Halloween party. Those turned out very cute, I just finished them right before this post.

Allright, enough of this upright position, I am going back to my couch! Have a very Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. The costumes are fab. Glad you had a great time and you're hanging in there.
    Oh, I think you should name the new baby MAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome looking family. Super Powers Activate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! We feel pretty Super, and MAB is a great name for a baby! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your costumes! Are the belts separate? Holden is going to be The Greatest American Hero for Halloween (he already has the blond afro)and I can't decide whether to make him a belt or sewn a faux one onto his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MUST see pics of Holden as TGAH!!!!! Believe or not... I made the belts, you can't tell in the pic, but they are shiny gold lame. They were pretty cute in person. The belts were fastened at the "buckle" with Velcro, a Mom's best freind.

    ReplyDelete